A variety of new sámi films are screened at TIFF
A variety of new sámi films are screened at Tromsø International Film Festival, in Tromsø on 17.-23. January 2022.
11 Sámi films are on the program, and four of them will have their premiere at the film festival; Boso mu ruovttoluotta – breathe me back to life, Radji, The Silence in Sápmi and A precious cargo.
Films funded by the International Sámi Film Institute:
- Boso mu ruovttoluotta – breathe me back to life (director Sunna Nousuniemi)
- Radji (director Georg Götmark, John Erling Utsi)
- Háldi (director Ann Holmgren)
- The Silence in Sápmi (director Liselotte Wajstedt)
- Koftepolitiet (director Egil Pedersen)
- Eatnameamet – Min jaskes dáistaleapmi (director Suvi West)
- Film concert: Elle Márjá Eira – Ealát (director Elle Márjá Eira)
- Chihiro ilmmiid gaskkas (director Hayao Miyazaki. Sámi dubbing ISFI)
Other Sámi films screened at TIFF:
- Postkapitalistisk Arkitektur-TV: Gumpi (director Ken Are Bongo, Joar Nango)
- Kímmapiiyipitssini: The Meaning of Empathy (director Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers)
- A precious cargo (director Maria Fuglevaag Warsinska-Varsi)
In addition to these Sámi films, the program also includes a documentary film Boazovázzi, directed by Joonas Mattila and Jeffrey Roekens.
Read more about the films and the festival at https://www.tiff.no